- Congratulations to Rashmi Joshi and Imran Ali for coauthoring an accepted manuscript! https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/9170341
- Welcome Jackelyn Rocha to the group! Jackelyn is in the NMSU HHMI program.
- Congratulations to Madison Fuller on being awarded the Space Grant!!
- Welcome Andruw Fierro to the group! Andruw joins from Las Cruces High School and will be doing a capstone project for high school credit in the laboratory.
- Dr. Ashley, Rashmi Joshi, Imran Ali, Daniel Aguirre, and Madison Fuller attended the NM-INBRE conference in Albuquerque, NM. All presented: Dr. Ashley gave an oral presentation and all of the students presented posters highlighting their work.
- Dr. Ashley was awarded the “Outstanding INBRE Investigator Award” for the 2014-2018 INBRE grant cycle!!
- Dr. Ashley received a travel award to attend the 2018 NISBRE conference in Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Ashley, Rashmi Joshi, and Imran Ali attended the 2018 NISBRE conference; all presented posters.
- Congratulations to Grace Hooks! She was named “Outstanding Graduate” for the College of Arts and Sciences for 2018! Grace will return to Yale to work in the lab of Dr. Patrick Sung!
- Congratulations to Missy Chavez on her graduation and new position! Missy will be starting as a research assistant at McGovern University!!!
- Welcome to the lab, Madison Fuller!! Madison is a URS through NM-AMP.
- Welcome to the lab, Daniel Aguirre!! Daniel is a MARC student.
- Dr. Ashley attended AACR in Chicago, IL
- Dr. Ashley was selected to represent NM at the national INBRE conference
- Prisila was selected as an EXROP student! She will be working at the University of Michigan over the summer. Congratulations, Prisila!
- Dr. Ashley was selected to attend a Big Data workshop at Georgetown University!
- Dr. Ashley received a travel award to attend the same workshop!
- Grace attended ABRCMs in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Missy attended SACNAS in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Rashmi was selected to give an oral presentation at the Medical Center of the Americas! Missy also presented her poster.
- Grace received a scholarship for an outstanding undergraduate researcher in Cancer Biology.
- Prisila was selected to apply to the prestigious EXROP program!
- We received NCGR funding for a project linked to our work on DNA-PKcs!
- We received funding from Cowboys for Cancer Research!
- The lab received funding from NCGR related to our U54 project!
- Welcome Prisila Ramirez to the lab as a new HHMI student!
- Welcome back Grace Hooks (summer intern at Yale University) and Missy Chavez (summer intern at McGovern University)!
- Dr. Ashley is selected at the speaker for New Mexico at RAIN/INBRE!
- Dr. Ashley attends the RAIN/INBRE meeting in Big Sky, MO
- Missy Chavez receives a travel award to attend SACNAS!
- Grace Hooks receives an Arts and Sciences General Scholarship for the 2017/2018 school year!
- Sk. Imran Ali receives an Arts and Sciences General Scholarship for the 2017/2018 school year!
- Rashmi Joshi receives an award for “Outstanding Graduate Research Assistant” through the MolBio program!
- Zebib Abraha wins a P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship!!
- Missy Chavez leaves for her summer internship at McGovern/MD Anderson!
- Grace Hooks leaves for her summer internship at Yale University!
- Rashmi and Dr. Ashley attended the Keystone dual symposia on Genomic Instability and DNA Repair and Replication and Recombination. Rashmi presented her Ph.D. work so far!
- Dr. Ashley was awarded a GMaP travel award for participation in the upcoming RAIN INBRE conference.
- All students and Dr. Ashley attended the NM-INBRE conference in Santa Fe.
- Imran, Grace, and Rashmi all presented posters at the INBRE conference.
- Dr. Ashley gave an oral presentation at the INBRE conference.
- Grace won an award for her poster presentation at INBRE! Congrats, Grace!
- A manuscript was submitted for consideration: Gurley KE, Ashley AK, Moser R, Kemp CJ. Synergy between Prkdc and Trp53 regulates stem cell proliferation after irradiation. Submitted: Cell Death and Differentiation. 2016.
- Sk. Imran Ali joined the lab as a Ph.D. student in Chemistry!
- Zebib Abraha joined the lab as a Ph.D. student in MolBio!
- Dr. Ashley gave a presentation to first graders at a local elementary school.
- Grace presented a poster at the international ABRCMS meeting and won an award!!!
- Dr. Ashley presented a seminar at UTEP, El Paso.
- Rashmi, Missy, Grace, and Chris presented posters at the U54 Rally, Las Cruces.
- Dr. Ashley presented a seminar at NMT, Socorro, NM
- Rashmi presented her poster at NM Symposium in Santa Fe.
- Nubia joined the lab as a HHMI student!
- Chris transfered to NMSU and joined the lab as a MARC student!
- Grace presented her poster at the FHCRC.
- Kayla joined the lab as a Fall 2016 BCHE 441 student!
- Chris presented her poster at UNM in Albuquerque.
June 2016: Chris joined the lab as a BRIDGES student!
- Our group received new funding on our U54 triple negative breast cancer grant!
- Grace was selected for a summer internship at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center!
- Missy was selected as a MARC student!
- Grace was selected as a HHMI student!
- Dr. Ashley was selected to attend a workshop on Cancer Genomics in Toronto, Ontario.
- Grace, Missy, and Yasmin each presented posters at URCAS.
- Dr. Ashley presented a poster at AACR in New Orleans.
March 2016: Dr. Ashley presented a seminar at NM-INBRE in Santa Fe.
- Dr. Ashley was awarded a 2016 AACR Minority-Serving Institution Faculty Scholar in Cancer Research Award!
- Rashmi officially joined the lab as Dr. Ashley’s first Ph.D. student!
Jan 2016: Missy Chavez joined the lab as an AMP student!
Oct 2016: Our group received funding from Cowboys for Cancer Research!
- We received funding from NM-INBRE
- We moved across campus to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry